Woodfibre LNG is owned by the notorious Indonesian billionaire, Sukanto Tanoto, whose companies have a history of tax evasion,1 animal rights violations,2 and human rights offences.3 The vice-president, Byng Giraud, has been linked to a robo-call scandal,4 illegal donations to the BC Liberals,5 and used to work for Imperial Metals, the company responsible for the Mount Polley mining disaster.6
- Dion Bisara, Agustiyanti, & Rangga Prakoso (2014) Asian Agri Ordered to Pay Back Tax. The Jakarta Globe, 29 December 2012.
- Helen Davidson (2014) Greenpeace urges Procter & Gamble to reject harmful palm oil practices. The Guardian, 27 February 2014.
- PT Inti Indorayon Utama. (2016, August 18). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved March 25, 2014
- Lawrence Martin (2012) The curious case of Saanich-Gulf Islands. The Globe & Mail, 1 March 2012.
- Kathy Tomlinson (2017) British Columbia: The ‘wild west’ of fundraising. The Globe & Mail, 10 March 2017.
- G. Elijah Dann (2014) Connecting The Dots Between Mount Polley Mine Owner, Squamish LNG, Harper. The Huffington Post, 9 August 2014.