Heather Hodson signed Sign the Howe Sound Declaration 2019-12-15 09:16:14 -0800I do not support LNG in Howe Sound
1. Howe Sound is a proposed. World Heritage site.
2. Not enough local jobs.
3. Greenhouse gases.
4. Herring spwning grounds.
5. Tanker traffic by my front door. I live on Bowen Island.
6. Increased pressure on health care providers.
7. Insufficient environmental access ment.
8. Hose Sound has finally returned to the lush and healthy environment after 30 years.
Bowen Island20,364 signatures
Howe Sound is world renowned for its wild natural beauty, recreational opportunities, and the vibrant communities we call home. We value intact ecosystems that sustain and support our communities, our livelihoods, and our diverse local economies.
The proposed Woodfibre LNG project is based on faulty economics, will harm marine and terrestrial ecosystems, and poses an unacceptable health and safety risk for the communities of Howe Sound. This project does not fit our values.
We call on the Provincial and Federal governments to reject the Woodfibre LNG project and its associated pipelines and tankers.