Parinaz ( Addison ) Barati ( MacDougall ) wants to volunteer 2019-12-05 17:14:12 -0800
Do you love Howe Sound? Volunteering with My Sea to Sky is a way to put your beliefs into action. We’ll help you put your skills and expertise to work in ways that make a measurable difference in your community.
Why should you volunteer?
- Make a difference
- Be part of our amazing volunteer community
- Learn new skills & gain experience
- Have fun
We need your help. Join our awesome team of volunteers below. Select as many roles as you are interested in and sign up below.Become a volunteer
Parinaz ( Addison ) Barati ( MacDougall ) donated 2018-03-21 09:57:22 -0700
Parinaz ( Addison ) Barati ( MacDougall ) donated 2018-07-02 22:17:00 -0700744 donors100 donors
Howe Sound is full of everyday heroes, just like you and me. People that are willing to speak up and work together to protect this beautiful place we all call home.
When you make a monthly donation to My Sea to Sky, you are supporting our campaigns to defend, protect, and restore Howe Sound.
Wearing a cape is optional.
Why is it important to make a monthly donation?
- Our power is in our advocacy, but that means that My Sea to Sky isn't eligible for most grants. Instead, we rely on our amazing My Sea to Sky community for small donations that provide the majority of our funding.
- Monthly donations help us know in advance how much money we have available to plan our campaigns, maintain our communications, and organize our volunteers.
- We can be politically independent and accountable to you, our grassroots base.
Parinaz ( Addison ) Barati ( MacDougall ) signed Sign the Howe Sound Declaration 2018-01-22 09:04:43 -080020,382 signatures
Howe Sound is world renowned for its wild natural beauty, recreational opportunities, and the vibrant communities we call home. We value intact ecosystems that sustain and support our communities, our livelihoods, and our diverse local economies.
The proposed Woodfibre LNG project is based on faulty economics, will harm marine and terrestrial ecosystems, and poses an unacceptable health and safety risk for the communities of Howe Sound. This project does not fit our values.
We call on the Provincial and Federal governments to reject the Woodfibre LNG project and its associated pipelines and tankers.