We love Howe Sound.
My Sea to Sky is a people-powered organization that was founded in 2014 to defend, protect, and restore Átl'ḵa7tsem / Howe Sound.
We organize educational events; coordinate research; build partnerships and respectful relationships; lift up First Nations voices and culture; and facilitate public engagement with our municipal, provincial, and federal governments.
We aim to inspire our community to become stewards of Howe Sound, and make it as simple as possible for people to take action at critical moments.
We inspire and empower British Columbians to safeguard the spectacular natural legacy of Átl'ḵa7tsem / Howe Sound.
We envision a future in which Átl'ḵa7tsem / Howe Sound's thriving ecosystems support regenerative communities.
regenerate • \ ri-’je-nә-,rāt
Adjective: restored to a better, higher, or more worthy state
Transitive verb: to change radically and for the better
Our strategic priorities (2018 to 2023)
- Defend: Stop destructive projects that threaten the environmental integrity of Howe Sound.
- Protect: Develop a shared vision and plan to protect Howe Sound for future generations.
- Restore: Reduce human-caused threats to Howe Sound and support ecosystem restoration efforts.
- Strengthen: Build capacity to ensure the longevity of My Sea to Sky.
Can you chip in to help power our campaigns?
- #ZeroCarbonChallenge (coming soon...)
Your support is critical to ensure we have the resources we need. As a small non-profit organization, 100% of your donations go directly to support our campaigns, and every dollar has a big impact.