Howe Sound holds a very special place in my heart. I moved to Canada from Ireland in 1967, and have lived on Bowyer Island in Howe Sound for the last 30 years. My children grew up splashing around in the tidal pools – both my daughters are now marine biologists and my son regularly climbs on the Stawamus Chief. We all keep an eye out for the orcas, dolphins, and humpback whales now returning to Howe Sound.
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving, when people give to causes close to their hearts. I give, because I am committed to being a steward of Howe Sound.
This #GivingTuesday I encourage you to become a monthly supporter of My Sea to Sky and join me in creating a legacy for Howe Sound.
This giving season, some of our supporters want to give back. If you sign up as a monthly supporter between now and December 31st, you will be eligible to win:
- $50 gift certificate to the Copper Coil Still & Grill for donations over $5 per month;
- $100 gift certificate to LUSH for donations over $10 per month;
- $200 gift certificate to Patagonia for donations over $20 per month;
- $500 gift certificate for two nights at the Aspens by Blackcomb Peaks Accommodation for donations over $50 per month;
- $1,600 luxury private charter on beautiful Howe Sound with Canadian Coastal for donations over $100 per month.
Everyone that signs up to be a monthly supporter will automatically receive a 25% off coupon with Canadian Coastal, eligible for 2019 sailings.
Your monthly donation will help us to inspire and empower British Columbians to safeguard the spectacular natural legacy of Howe Sound.
Thanks for being a part of our community and protecting Howe Sound, now and for the future.
Chair, My Sea to Sky
My Sea to Sky is incredibly proud and grateful to say that we rely on the My Sea to Sky community for small donations that provide the majority of our funding. Since our launch in 2014, we have been funded through personal savings, family and friends; and powered by the passion of our volunteers. Your generous contribution will help us to run our critical campaigns to protect Howe Sound. Every dollar helps.